9 Habits of Japanese People

I stepped on nearly three months in Japan , I slowly began to recognize the habits of people here . Although initially it was considered sufficient practice " contrary " to the habits of most Indonesian people , but eventually I memakluminya too . Where trampled earth , there heaven upheld . However, I should be able to understand their habits . So far , there are some Japanese people who according to custom rizaldp.wordpress.com interesting to know .



1 . Maintain local languages
There are interesting from this habit . That said , the Japanese reportedly have poor English skills , so they often talked with Japanese , even if it's the stranger . Once at a time , even though they know that I am a foreigner , they still use Japanese when starting a conversation . As a result , I could only stare - stare alone . When I say do not understand , they keep trying to convince , while still using the Japanese language .

Likewise, when in supermarkets and other public places . Every time the Japanese ask and communicate , they often use the Japanese language . What they do not know that I am a stranger ? That the Japanese language is not my mother language . Thus , although the foreigners , most Japanese people still use their local language .

According to what I observed , the Indonesian different again . Though not understand English, but the Indo keep trying to speak English to foreigners , although it haltingly . I remember when at first Bromo , Elf driver ever dared to speak English to tourists . At least , we can appreciate their own language . This indicates that the Indonesian people are very open to foreigners .

During my college here , I also intensive Japanese language course ( campus facilities ) . I had thought that every foreigner ( status as a student , whether if another status ) were entered Japan , the average Japanese is taught . Thus , as in the stranger - " naturalized " and should be able to speak Japanese . Whereas in Indo , I do not know whether any foreign students are also given the facility to learn Indonesian ? Alternatively , the Indo that he is very friendly , so let the fatigue - weary learn English ?



2 . mannered
Is it true that the Indonesian people politely - mannered ? I doubt it because I was not given time to cross the street , I was hesitant because of the traffic jam when no one wants to budge . But , while in Japan , I really feel that politeness . Crossed paths with the security of knowing the car will not precede the bike . Car will not precede motorcycles , motorcycle succumbing to cyclists , and cyclists yield to pedestrians . Yes, the pedestrian is king of the road !

When will I ever get across, there is a car waiting in front of me . Not him , apparently he waited for me to cross first. But , because it is waiting , I 'll let the car was to pass first . And ... the guy in the car directly memanggutkan their heads very grateful . Extraordinary politeness that I feel . In fact , when I passed in front of people who are depriving the grass , the people say sorry when I say excuse me . Maybe he felt he had stood in the way of others. I do not know , which I heard was nagging when I did in Indonesia.

Here , honking is a sign of danger . Horn sounded only at times of crisis , it should not be beyond the honking . Hence , the streets are not noisy atmosphere .



3 . fond of sports
It also makes me applaud . Why not, when I got home from campus around 19:30 JST , I met with the Japanese people who are jogging . In fact , the weather being cold and I think the most comfortable if the silence in the house . And , as the Indo , of course I felt " weird " to exercise habits these evenings . Still mending if futsal team or that done . But , if done alone and at night , it feels " weird " . And this is a Japanese custom that I should tolerate.

And everywhere, quite a lot of Japanese students also like to wear sweatpants . I do not know , what he's after exercise or not . In fact , when in the classroom , there are wearing training pants . I wonder if there is a relationship between their pants and sports training . Indeed, the Japanese do not like if it is not moving . In fact , parents also love to exercise . I often see parents who like to bring their dog walks into the gardens . So , do not be surprised if we ask them who their family members , they will calculate their dogs .

And interesting facts , the most famous sport in Japan is baseball . That's why , if in the cartoons , sports are often used as extras is baseball . Doraemon remember impressions ? still remember when Giant was always invited to play baseball to Nobita and Suneo ? And for the Indonesian people , baseball is not a common thing . Indonesian people more familiar with football and badminton , right ?

Mensana in corpore sano . In a healthy body , there is a strong soul . Japanese people may be respected because they have a toughness its human resources . And we should not underestimate , exercise can be a starting point . Did not the Holy Prophet has also said that a strong Muslim dearer than a weak Muslim ? And the Prophet has taught us exercising with archery , swimming , and horseback riding ? Japan is not a Muslim country , but they are well aware of these physical health .



4 . Do not like wet
Not in the sense like wet while in the restroom . Each small room seems to have had its grand -design . Designed with the concept of a dry and completely automated . Of course this is difficult for me is more familiar with wet toilet like in Indonesia. And it is also difficult for the Muslims , because we have air- istinjaa ( purification , washing ) with water . In fact , one of the sensei asked if there was a dry toilet when going to Indonesia . Given the nature of most of the wet toilet in Indonesia .

So , it would be very difficult if we intend to take a shower on campus , because the toilet in a public place not designed for bathing . How can a shower , just a little wet floor directly drained by the janitor . For ablution , we used to perform ablution from the sink when you're on campus . And if the floor got wet , we dried quickly . However , thankfully , over time we 've started to get used to .



5 . Eating a lot but stay slim
As long as I am in Japan , I once saw a Japanese jaraaaaang fat . Average lean and proportionate . In fact in my opinion , more skinny . Maybe something to do with love custom sports above . At best beefy , that too can be counted on the fingers .

In fact , when my friends were party to his lab , he can only eat up to 10 stacks of plates of sushi ( sushi 1 plate 2 ) . While Japanese friends , even until the end plate 30 . But , strangely still skinny body . I do not know , maybe because it's the most Japanese food containing protein . Or may also be due to the metabolism of the Japanese people better than the people of Indonesia who once ate , rapid weight straight up . May also lifestyle issues ?



6 . Unusual handshake
The early acquainted with the Japanese people , I always carry my habit while in Indonesia , the thrusting hand as a sign of opening introduction ( specifically same-sex ) . But , it turns out my hand sodoran replied with a nod of the head and the body bows . Cash , I started to follow the movement of my interlocutors , and end up not shake .

In general , the introduction usually always accompanied by shake . However , in Japan the other again , we do not need to thrust the hand . That we need only mention the name , then membungukukkan body while saying yoroshiku onegai shimasu . Habits of Japanese people are one of Muslims is very beneficial , especially when dealing with people who are not mahram ( be married ) .

If we in Indonesia , when will shake hands with someone who is not mahram , usually we will tighten our palms and put him in front of his chest . That way , the other person will understand . However , if we are dealing with strangers who do not know , we will find it hard to explain . And the possibility of misunderstanding will occur if there is no proper communication . Typically , our speaker will thrust the hand , then we reply with a greeting " Eid -style " .

For any gratitude , ordinary Japanese people do not shake hands . Usually they will bow , or at least nod . Large-small size of the Japanese sense of gratitude we can see from his bow . The more bent the sign he was very grateful . Nod of the head is usually for regular acknowledgments .

The difference with the Indonesian people , if we feel grateful , we will greet our speaker with both hands . And then usually hugged interlocutors . But , once again , in Japan it's another story . So , as a newcomer , we want - not willing to follow their habits , although it is considered to be small .



7 . culture queue
Do not let our bad habits in Indonesia carried over to Japan , which runs over the culture ! Japanese people are very loyal to the rules and common courtesy to others , including for matters queue . Queuing discipline has become a culture of the Japanese people . We ( immigrants ) should ngeh queued with their culture , lest we embarrass abroad .

Different city , different can also embraced cultural society. In Osaka , if using the escalator , you should use the right side of those who are not in a hurry and let the left side for those who want to rush . While in Tokyo ( and some other cities ) , the slow lane is on the left and on the right path rushing . Be careful , do not let us stand in the way of others. The Japanese themselves look so sorry for yourself if they get in the way of others.

Another story , in a way , once I got stuck in a long traffic jam . I was surprised , it was the first time I felt so bad in length . I guess in Japan free jam , then I know that there are accidents that cause the congestion . But , how elegant the Japanese people in the pass-traffic . Yes , they remain in the queue of vehicles that should be .

Really impressed me . Why not, I can imagine the atmosphere congestion in Indonesia noisy with the sound of the horn ; between the driver no one wants to beat each other , and bypass other mental behavior . But , look at the photo above , there is absolutely no bypass of the left side , and also no horn noise . Really we should emulate.



8 . The radius of the letter " V " when photographed
Try to ask for photos with Japanese people , or telling them when to shoot style . Almost always their fingers directly stylized " V " with a smile best . I , an Indonesian , so went along like the Japanese style when photographed , hehe . Understandably , contaminated the local culture .

Of course we can easily guess what the purpose of their fingers . Yes , it is a symbol of " peace" - peace . But , for the Japanese themselves , the radius of the "V " is the symbol of happiness . So , if they use that style when photographed , it means they want to show happiness . Not that those who did not was not happy , hehe ..



9 . Uncomfortable sitting next to each other
I actually know this habit of nihonggo sensei . Indeed , this one is my sensei occasionally likes to tell about Japan and likeness rupinya . Ranging from religion , shopping , places in Japan , to the Japanese habit of day-to- day . Sensei time I asked , as an Indonesian , how unusual seating position if you're chatting with friends .

For me , I was more comfortable to sit next to my friend when chatting . I feel more free and not awkward . Because then , we could be more relaxed . I actually feel uncomfortable when sitting face to face . Somehow , it feels uncomfortable , because with that position , our eyes are forced to keep eye contact .

But , another Japanese custom . Instead they are uncomfortable when sitting next to each other . They prefer to sit face to face . If you 're into the cafeteria , restaurant , or library , I did not see the Japanese people who sit next to each other . Everything sat face to face . Even if there are people who sit beside him , it could be because of limited seats or indeed have to sit in that position ( as in bus , train ) .

So , do not be surprised if in a restaurant , cafeteria , or library , the average Japanese person sitting opposite each other . Once upon a time , I asked my Japanese friends to practice conversational Japanese. Then , we looked for the right place until we finally found two long benches that face to face . As the Indo , I certainly used to sit next to each other . But , when I would sit next to my friend , I even asked to sit in front of him . He immediately invited me pointing to his chair .

And at that time , I immediately remembered the story of my sensei nihonggo that Japanese people are more accustomed to sitting next to each other face to face ketimbangan , strange she said
lintasberita

Subscribe via email